Friday, December 7, 2007

The Results are Back. . .

School Pictures you gotta love them. There are a few things that bug me about school pictures. the first being that I am not there when The photographer takes the picture. What if Isaac's shirt looks weird or his hair is sticking up in the wrong places, or what if Isaac at the last second makes a silly face. I know that it isn't a huge deal, but I don't want it to be my kid that is making the silly face in the class picture. The other thing that really bugs me is the way they sucker us parents into buying these pictures. All I really want is one picture of him and a class picture, for scrapbooking purposes. But in order to get a class picture I have to order a package. So the prices for the packages start at $25.00 and if I want the class picture it is +$10 on top of that. So total of $35.00 for a preschool picture of Isaac. Can you believe that? So I ended up asking the teacher if there was any way that I can order just the class picture. Thank goodness she said I could. $15 for a class picture. At that time I thought I was getting a great deal. Instead of $35 I ONLY have to pay $15 for a class picture. When I told Andy about my great deal, well he wasn't quite as excited as me. So we ended up paying $15 for a little tiny picture of Isaac with all of his classmates, and we had no idea how it turned out until now. We got the picture back, and I think he looks cute. I only wish that the cost was less.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

he does look cute!

i agree though...prices for school pictures are out of control!

I am Laura said...

I'm with you on that. The cost of everything seems to get to me. He looks cute.

lisa h. said...

nice. yeah we had the same thing....i felt pressed and ended up getting a class pic, but ours were only $7.50

ali said...

I totally agree, especially about the not being there thing. I worried all day that he was going to get dirty or something. Isaac's looks so cute though! I love it. Gabe's turned out ok, but it isn't my favorite picture of him...

Liz said...

When i look back at my school pictures, I think I have maybe one good one from k-8. I think it is a right of passage...like drivers license photos...I'm impressed, though, Isaac looks pretty darn cute. If it weren't for the class photo,I would just say boycott buying the pictures altogether...oh well, at least you got your "good deal" :)

Michelle Y said...

I think Issac looks awesome in the picture! I feel your pain over how expensive they were. I'm so glad I got Hannah the class photo, she loves carrying it around with her and naming out their classmates.

Sarah said...

Jessica,
Isaac is so cute! I think that is a good school photo. I should show you some of the crazy Owen school photos...needless to say my mum bought the giant packages of pictures so we could store them in some old forgotten drawer because we always looked completely crazy!