Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Most Popular Recipe. . .

From Epicurious.com, this week is the Triple Carrot cake.
Once a week they highlight the most highly-ranked, most-commented-on Epi recipe on the Today Show (usually Wednesdays at the 10 a.m. hour EST).
When I saw this recipe being demonstrated this morning on the Today show, I had just finished working out at the YMCA. So, I had a major lack of energy, I was hungry, and dehydrated. That cake looked so yummy to me, and I am now still thinking about it.
I can't wait until I have a reason to make a cake so I can try it out. If you are interested in the recipe click here: recipe for Triple Carrot Cake
~A few suggestions that they made on the show, that are not on the recipe are:
1. Instead of 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil, use 3/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, puréed cooked carrots, or carrot baby food.
2. Reduce the sugar from 2 to 1 1/2 cups. You won't notice the 1/2 cup that's missing.
3. You do not have to put in the raisins and nuts, totally optional. I prefer my carrot cake with NO raisins or nuts.
4. You can also make these into cupcakes or a single or double layer cake.



No comments: