Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Made By Hand (tuesday tell all)



This week's topic for
Tuesday tell All is
MADE BY HAND

something in your home that is special because it is hand made.






Isaac is always making things for me. I have a folder of all the art projects that I thought were extra neat that he has made either at school or home. He loves to do any kind of art project, and I love to see the creativity that he has. He loves to make things with his hands.



This is a magnet board that my good friend Jill made for me for Christmas. I was blown away by the thoughtfulness of this gift. She is so talented and I feel so lucky to have some of her hand made talent hanging in my house.

This is a quilt that I made for Isaac's room. I am working on a duplicate quilt for Seth. I want the boys to have matching bed quilts for when they are sharing a room. I really enjoyed making this quilt, and I love the way it turned out.

8 comments:

Ladybug143 said...

Jessica, this is Karen Wimpey, I am Carissa (Ludwig) Taylor's sister. She wanted me to post on your blog so she could get in touch with you. Here is her email. rolyat_c@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

isaac looks so cute with his coloring page!

and...that magnet board was ALL jim. i'm glad you love it though! :)

these are fun posts.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt- it looks great!!

Kim said...

I love the way your quilt turned out too! Way to go!

Melissa said...

your quilt is so cute! That will be fun to have matching quilts when they share a room together. We are in the process of getting to his big bed now... aah!

Shelley Reid said...

The quilt is adorable! I have been wanting to make a quilt for Dylan's bed for a while now, but I am kind of scared to start. Did you get it machine quilted?

Jessica said...

Shelley,
I did get it machine quilted!! I knew that it would be well used, and machine quilting would be the best way to go. I got all my supplies and and got it machine quilted at American Quilting in Orem,(UT) on State street:-)

Michelle Y said...

Super cute post, love all the neat handmade items. Also enjoyed reading the one word quiz answers, always entertaining.