Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home Town Favorites

This weeks Tuesday Tell All is
Favorite Places too. . .



I have only lived in Grand Rapids for 11 months, so I am still not totally familiar with all of the great places here . But these are my favorites so far:

Grab Lunch:

Jimmy John's, the best sub sandwiches!!
It's their bread that makes these sub's so good.

Panera Bread. They have soups, sandwiches, pastries, cookies, bagels, fresh lemonade,
hot chocolate, muffins, salads, and more. Everything that I have ever had here I have loved. However, I always seem to get the same thing when I go.

Go For a Date:

Andy and I tries out Craig's Cruisers for a date night once. It was one of our favorites! We had so much fun racing cars, playing mini golf, laser tagging, and doing a few arcade games. I know that this sounds totally getto, but we had a blast!
We also LOVE to go see movies and out to dinner.

Pick up Some Creative Goodies:

Grand Rapids does not have the best sewing and craft stores, that I have found yet.
I will shop at Michae
l's Craft Store.
But I mostly buy things online, or when I visit Utah.
Sewing: www.american-quilting.com
Crafts: www.provocraft.com

Keep the Kids Busy:

Keeping My boys busy is a hard one.
We love to go to the park by our house, the Grand Rapids children's museum, the Zoo, our friends house's.

Get Wet :


To get wet we have been going to the indoor pool at the YMCA. When it warms up my boys like to run through the sprinklers at our house. Also,we are looking forward to using our community pool this summer.

Buy a Treat:

I love treats, so this one was hard for me.
I love soft serve ice cream especially DQ!

Shop for Fun:

My favorite two places to shop are:
World Market- One of the coolest stores to shop at. I love all of there stuff especially their food section were they carry different kinds of food from all over the world.
Rivertown Crossings Mall- This mall is seven minutes from my house. It has all of your basic Mall stores. But it is so nice to have it so close!

Get Some Fresh Air:

Ahhh. . . Lake Michigan!! We are a 30 minute drive from this Great Lake. We love to drive to the Lake when we want a short day get away. I am so excited to go swimming there this Summer.

Splurge:



If I could choose one splurge right now, it would buying all new Pottery barn Stuff for our house. We are in desperate need for new home furnishings!

Drive for a Weekend Away:


CHICAGO!!
We love going to Chicago. It is such a fun city to visit, there is so much to do and see. We live about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away from Chicago. We went last fall with the boys, and we are planning to go again hopefully soon.

***Three more days until I draw the four winners for PAY IT FORWARD, if you are interested in playing scroll down until you see the post:-)***

6 comments:

Our Sweet Life said...

How fun to be so close to Chicago and Lake Michigan. It's so fun to read about your favorite spots in Michigan.

Liz said...

I love this post. I'm going to have to check out those websites. Where do you get the tuesday tell all ideas?

Margo said...

What a fun post. We sure love Michigan.

ali said...

that sounds like a fun date night! Jon and I should do something like that after the baby is born.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

you guys are in a great location...i really want to see lake michigan and chicago! and oh a sub is sounding good right now. :)

Lindsey said...

Oh this makes me miss Michigan so much! I always get cravings for Panera. I should come up with a list like that for Utah to make me appreciate it more. Especially good lunch places (I do love Zupa's) and good dates! Utah Lake just isn't the same as Lake Michigan...