Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snowed In!

Yes, yesterday I was officially snowed into my house.
This was the first winter storm, where I really felt like I could not go anywhere.
And with two very active and crazy little boys, this was not a good thing.
The police even said that they were going to ticket anybody out who was not returning home from work. The roads were just way to dangerous to drive on.
We got at least 16-18 inches of snow in one day.

Andy ended up getting stuck in the snow on his way home from work. Luckily, our neighbor was around to help him get out.
Andy and I spent 3-4 hours last night shoveling and helping our neighbors get un-stuck in their cars. It was crazy, but kind of fun to be outside helping and having fun with our neighbors.

About 3 am this morning I woke up so happy to hear the snow plow coming through our neighborhood and cul-de-sac.
It was So nice to be able to get out of the house today.
Here is a picture of Isaac on top of all of our snow in front of our house.
Crazy, uh?



Photobucket

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas isn't it? It really looks so beautiful though; the nice white and fluffy kind. We wish we could have some of that down here. It was 65 today. I like these temps in February but in December I really do miss the snow. Hope you guys have a great week with Andy off!

I am Laura said...

That is a lot of snow. I went out today after being stuck inside for almost two days from our ice storm. It is still really slippery everywhere and almost half our town has no power. I am just glad I am with the half that has power. They said the power won't come on for the other half until Tuesday.

Denise said...

Wow! That's amazing. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

lisa h. said...

i bet your boys had a ball playing in all that snow! hopefully it wasn't too freezing. it looks very pretty.

Ladybug143 said...

That has happened to us here in Nebraska before! Crazy stuff!