Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am Alive & March Craft Group

Yes, I have been away from the blogging world for the last two weeks.
Life for our little family has been, well, pretty crazy to say the least.
Between Andy's car trouble,
a major family sickness where we were all flat in bed for a week,
catching up on Isaac's missed school work,
our fish jumping out of his bowl :-(,
getting a new fish,
Primary President Responsibilities (for our church),
and just trying to keep up with everyday life,
there has not been a whole lot of extra time for blogging.

I am now back and just in time to tell you about
March's Craft Group!

I hosted this month, and we all made four Tile Pictures/stamped Coaster's.
These were so fun and easy to make.
All of the ladies did such a great job, They all just really turned out so cute. I would show all of them, but this post is already going to be so long. So, here are just a few of the finished Coasters:









Here are the instructions on how to make these fun Coasters:

Tile Picture Coasters:


Supplies:
  • 4" x 4" Tumbled Tile (Wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any dust and let dry completely)
  • Tissue Paper
  • Mod Podge®
  • Tape
  • Foam brush
  • 4” x 4” Cork
  • Permanent glue
  • Stamp (optional)
  • StazOn®(permanent inkpad)
  • Acrylic Sealer

Step-by-Step

  1. Cut a piece of tissue paper and tape it to a regular sheet of paper. (This way it will feed through the printer.)


  2. Print picture on tissue paper and trim to fit tile.

  3. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge™ to tile.

  4. Place picture on the tile.

  5. Apply another thin coat of Mod Podge™ over picture and then let dry.

  6. Ink stamp with Stazon™, and stamp on tile. Let dry, then cover entire tile with another layer of Mod Podge.

  7. After letting the Mod Podge™ dry completely, spray with acrylic spray, following directions on can.

  8. After tile is completely dry, turn it over and apply permanent glue to one side of the cork square.

  9. Attach cork glue side down to the back of the tile and press down firmly.

  10. Let the glue dry and enjoy your coaster!



We also had some 'Girly' food:
-Papa Murphy's Garlic Chicken Pizza
-Fruit and Poppy Seed Salad(found here)
-Mint Brownies(found here)

As always we had a really great time talking, eating, and crafting. I LOVE craft group :-)





Photobucket

20 comments:

jill s said...

i hope things slow down for you soon!

the tiles turned out so cute!

i might have to try that sometime!!

I am Laura said...

Those are way cute!! I am so glad you posted instructions. I am totally doing those sometime. I love yours.

Melissa said...

I love the coasters. I am not super crafty so it is always fun to see what you guys create each month; I look forward to it.

Hope things slow down for you. I think the sickness went to everyone this year :(

Vanessa said...

Hey I'm glad you guys are feeling better, sickness can be so hard when everyone has it!

The Johnson J's!! said...

Love, love, love those!! Thanks for the instructions... I may have to try those!!! Glad to hear that you are all doing better! Here's to a "normal" few weeks!

Our Sweet Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Sweet Life said...

Your tiles turned out great! I'm glad you are all feeling better and good luck with your calling :)

Michelle Y said...

Craft group was super fun, thanks! I really hope you can stop and catch your breath now with all that has been going on.

ali said...

what a FAB Idea! I totally love it. I think I'm going to have to do that one for sure...

Ladybug143 said...

You always have such fun ideas! And I love that you share the instructions and recipes with us all!

The Whispering Creek House said...

This is so easy and a great idea! well done!

Young Wife said...

These are so cool! Thanks for sharing. I can never find coasters I like.

Erin said...

where do you find the tumbled tile (4 x 4)?

Jessica said...

Erin,
I bought the coasters at Home Depot in the tile section. Hope that helps :-)

Erin said...

Thanks!! I was able to find them and can't wait to see how they turn out : )

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I have just tried these for the first time, and I am having an issue with the ink smearing? any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Ink problem here too!

Anonymous said...

Print on the lowest ink volume possible.

Anonymous said...

How do you get the "pink-old" look? And when do you apply the color?